all about autumn

Friday, April 3, 2009

Haircut

Okay, so Gary and Riley needed a haircut. I started with Gary but Riley was told that he was getting one too. He whinned. When it was Riley's turn he fused like a three year old. I even had to count to three to get him to up and sit on the stool. Gary helped encourage Riley to relax for his haircut. As Gary was talking to Riley, who was finally sitting on the stool, I plugged in the buzzer. So in one hand I held the buzzer and in the other I held the attachment. I was telling Riley I'd hurry, and quickly thought, "I'll trim the bottom first." But in the rush, I took the buzzer and swiped it up his head. Seconds after doing this it was obvious that I didn't put the attachment on. He was now bald. I couldn't believe it. I have never butchered my boys heads, ever. I've let Grandma do it to Adam once, but I have never done it myself. I couldn't believe I had just lost my train of thought and butchered him bald. I proceeded to finish the haircut as normal, leaving the bald swipe in the back of his head. I was going to leave it like that but Gary said it was to obvious. (How could that be it was the back of his head, right.) My belief was it will grow out. So finally after feeling pain, I buzzed the rest of his hair. The bottom half is buzzed to the scalp and the top half has hair. Its the bowl cut. It doesn't look that bad, but it will never happen again. Thank heavens we don't have to take any pictures. And . . . I'm holding my breath . . . . the weather is suppose to get better.
So All I can say is, "It was his fault for whinning and throwing such a fit." Right?

4 comments:

Kent said...

A picture would be a thousand words. It's only hair. He's still young enough that it will grow back.

I am destined to have mine that way for the rest of my life unless I can find a good toupe.

Danette said...

If I had someone in my picture department I would post one. We have a hard time getting the pictures taken and then downloaded on the computer. Maybe I will get one of my children to show me how. Once it's on the computer I know what to do, its just getting it there. Besides, I learning its better to have pictures come to your mind, (sound like a good enough excuse? HA its the writer in me)

Gloria said...

Dad always said that the difference between a good haircut and a bad one is two weeks! Doing different hair cuts help one to see what kind of dO one wants... I remember when Uncle Cory once had a mohawk with his Uncle David and then once when he shaved his head. Chalk it up to experience! don't try to blame anyone!

Curtis Moser said...

I thought it looked pretty good! In fact, I made an appointment for a haircut on Wednesday, and I'm getting one just like it. :)

And you can't pawn the blame off on Riley, even if he was whining. Take some responsibility for yourself. Sheesh. HA!