all about autumn

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Looking good

So it's been about a week since we started this new system of doing things, and I'm liking what I see. We have set up new rules for the family. After school the children are to do their homework first then their reading out of the scriptures for five minutes and then one thing out of their faith in God or scouts. No TV until 6pm. There has been a different feeling in our home. The kids are doing well with these new rules. Riley said the other day he liked reading out of the scriptures. The younger kids have been working on their articles of faith so they recite one daily. ITs hard to believe Aubree will be twelve in a few weeks. I hope that my children will continue to work on goals. Setting goals is more important than I realized, so hopefully we can help our children to see that.

2 comments:

bridget said...

Can we come to your house? Will you write us up a schedule? HA! That's awesome! I'm very impressed. We were just talking about the effects of media even though we don't have cable or anything.

We're doing good. I'm so happy it's starting to get sunny. I hope you guys are doing well too. . .

Gloria said...

good habits are really growing and hope you can keep it going...
keep up the good efforts. love ya
I think the television has tentacles that reach out and grab the good particles in the air sometimes, and we don't even realize it.