all about autumn

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

pooping sugar bugs

Okay, so today we, Adam and I, went to the orthodontist to get his top set of braces put on. Which he is so excited about, I'm sure by the end of the day it won't be as fun, i'm sure. Anyhow, the assistant went into detail about Adam keeping his mouth clean. She said, "Be sure to brush, because those sugar bugs that eat all the sugar you eat, poop out acid that then gets into your gums and makes them swell." I laughed! I had never heard of sugar bugs pooping acid. Just the word 'pooping' should help him keep his teeth brushed. I told the cute assistant as we were getting ready to leave that I was going to go home and tell my other children about those pooping sugar bugs. Have any of you ever heard of this before? The only thing I've ever heard was come morning, dad saying, "guess what, a bear came along and pooped in my mouth." Well now he'll have to say, "It must have been a pooping sugar bug that I didn't brush away." Funny, funny.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That doesn't sound very appealing to me. Adam, please keep the teeth clean. No pooping bugs for you.

Joel said...

When it wasn't until I was in college that I learned that the any of the bad smells are actually the poop from the bacteria that live on you. You don't actually stink the bugs do. Also I can send Adam his money for his grades. I just need an address. my email is reynolds.t.joel@gmail.com