all about autumn

Thursday, August 27, 2009

chicken hell

Okay so I'm like going crazy with our chickens! hey are going to have to take me to the crazy house---soon. We have done the stinking fence three times and they are still getting out to roam the neighborhood. If fact today as the children were waiting at the bus stop, a chicken crossed the road (Now my version of joke about why the chicken crossed the road would be "to get ran over!") The children at the bus stop yelled, "there's your chicken." and then they laughed. I have to admit I was embarrassed. As soon as it went into the neighbors yard I knew I had to chase it home. Damn chicken. So here I'm out in my jammies chasing the chicken home. Come to find out four more are out!!! Aurh! I hope I make it through the year. (maybe they will freeze this winter like our bunny did)

8 comments:

Gloria said...

OH! Silly girl... once you get it fixed...(the fence).... you will be glad to have those fresh eggs! and meat! love ya. Keep up the good work.

Red said...

arn't you glad you don't have pigs

Kent said...

Danette, you're a scream. I wish you were our next door neighbors!!

Danette said...

The next door neighbors probably wish we weren't.

bridget said...

LOL! I am fondly remember how cute those pesky chickens were in the spring and how my kids kept wanting to come and see them. . .and now!!! @&%^$!! I'm sorry!

Curtis Moser said...

Why did the chicken cross the road? To get away from the crazy chicken lady it lived with. :)

Joel said...

This was the funniest thing I've read. I couldn't stop laughing.

Andrea said...

Man Danette, you crack me up... or your chickens ;)