all about autumn

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Winter????

Saturday Morning at 10:12: The snow is falling pretty hard. It’s covering the ground almost completely. An hour ago there were no signs of this white stuff. Gary kept debating what to do for their campout on Friday night. Instead of going into Ogden where they would then hike into camp they went to the church farms, which is only a few miles from where we live. HOWever, I wonder if they had their tents down before this sticky-wet substance starting dumping out of the sky. Thankfully, this last week I planted my tulps (I got some for my birthday, they are red.) Just two days ago, I bought the kids, who needed a coat for the winter, one. It makes me wonder if the framers almanac is going to right. What kind of winter is head?????
I'm not sure I'm ready for the kids to be stuck in the house, it's already dirty from me abandoning it to write. This will only mean it will remain worse for longer periods of time. (however I was paying Aubree a dollar to mop the floors. Money can be a wonderful tool.) I guess if the weather is now going to turn, I will write that sequel to Abish--The stripling warriors. I'm anxious to get it going. I've already plotted it out, now I just need to write it. I hope it will flow like Abish did. I've applied for a job and was told the boss was going to take a few weeks before he contacted me. My resume was impressive--haven't worked for fifteen years. Anyhow...we will see what comes of it. I believe it will be scheduling for insurance agents, so it will be more from home. BUT who knows if he will call. I'm still waiting to hear back from Cedar Fort on my manuscript, "Rubies Fire." I wish that would pan out. (they only have the first three chapters, so even if they are interested in reading the rest than I will have to do more waiting. It's frustration that it takes about six months to find out if they are interested or not)
Wow, now it's 10:32 and the snow has slowed to a faint drizzle. Weird, how out of no where it fell with its vengence. Hopefully that wasn't its winter warning.

3 comments:

Kent said...

It's just starting to sprinkle here In Colorado Springs. We were going to go up into the mountains to get one last look at the aspens. I'm afraid that we'll be waiting until next fall for that one.

We need to do our fall yard work. I'm not enjoying yard work as much as I used to.

Has Abish been published yet? I am anxious to have a copy autographed by the author.

Danette said...

No Abish is sitting on the shelf for the right time. I have submitted it three times. The first time they read the whole manscript but it wasn't polished, I still needed to name a few characters and learn a whole lot more about writing. However their is a special feeling with it, and I believe it has been written for a purpose,(more so than any other that I have, it was a spiritual experience to write it. However that than means more emotion is tied to it which is hard) Nothing I have his pulished yet, sadly. I am holding me breath until it does. (I don't if I will make it, it's proving to be a long time. And the end of the world might come before.ha)

Reynolds Couple said...

Hang in there with the white stuff! It has been falling off and on all day. I am quite sure the trip to church in the morning will be with a crisp chill in the air so I don't think that I will walk to church in the morning. I think the view from you huge windows are just breath taking!! Curl up with the hot chocolate and blanket. Enjoy a moment of peace.