all about autumn

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Holiday Plans

















This is our family above our house, the view is spectacular; but soon it will be covered with a big blanket of snow. Last year the kids winter pants and boots didn't dry until spring because they tubed all winter long. It sure makes me wonder what this winter will bring us. As I think about the upcoming events I have to hold onto my britches and hold my breath--Adam is getting his Eagle the Saturday after Thanksgiving with four other scouts. Now that he has accomplished this task we have unpinned him from the wall (haha that's our movitation technique that way he couldn't get away for us) He will then turn fourteen in December. I think he wants to get his patriarchal blessing as well. Riley will also have a birthday, he will be turning eight and getting baptized. (I can't believe my baby is growing up--he will always be that cute age of three to me) At least I won't have to throw a friend party for him, on their eighth birthday they get to go out with us parents to a movie and dinner of their choice, kind-of-a special date-memory thing. So I will be busy planning birthdays, Eagle awards, baptism, and being the elf that helps Santa. I guess I will have to deligate the cleaning the house for the holiday fun.
Hopefully all of your holiday plans will bring all you happiness! (and a little craziness so I'm not the only one crazy)

8 comments:

Kent said...

Tell Adam congratulations for me. Your kids are growing up. Does that mean you are growing old?

Danette said...

Heavens no!! Only my body is. HaHa The mind will slip soon I'm sure.

Curtis Moser said...

It's insane how fast our kids are growing up. Good luck with the holiday season! May it inspire you to many bestselling ideas. :)

Kent said...

I have to agree, Danette. Grandmas and Grandpas are just antique teenagers.

Unknown said...

I think it is great that so many neat things are happening in your family. Enjoy the time. It will pass and you will find yourselves alone and have your memories to look back on.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gloria said...

The events does make for special memories. some day I will have to climb up on that mountain!

Gloria said...

So Riley must be taking the picture! it just dawned on me... I'm not slow you know...