all about autumn

Monday, December 15, 2008

Birthday Time

Yesterday before church Adam asks to open his one present under the tree from Grandma and Grandpa Vance. (see I haven't given in on placing more under the tree) We told him after church he could, since Monday is his birthday.
While the children were at church Gary and I zipped home, or should I say skidded. (There was a good amount of snow on the roads.) SO we could put out his presents--That way we wouldn't have to worry about it in the morning. Gary also made a bed for Riley and it was out in the big garage. We figured it would be easier to put it together and surprize them both. Well after we finished setting up, we skidded back to the church house. The second I walked in the door, Aubree sees me and says, "Riley's sick." I guess Riley threw-up a little in his mouth and started to cry, so the teacher takes him out of class to find me. She said I didn't answer her, she noticed he had something he was holding in his mouth. She took him to a trash can and he spit out what was in his mouth. (Thank heavens it wasn't all over the floor. My kids are doing well. Adam threw up on the bus the other day but he got it in the trash can. I'm all about easy clean-up.) Both episodes were fluke things. Adam's was because of his breathing treatment and eating too fast in the early hours of the morning. And Riley? who's to say. Once I got him home he didn't ever act sick. He did get a paper cut on his finger that he complained alot about but that was it. I kept him up stairs so he wouldn't see his new bed before he was suppose to. Once he saw Adam's new bike he thought that was cool. Amazingly he was home for about ten minutes before he saw it next to the Christmas tree.
I went back and got the family from church. When Adam saw his presents he got all excited. After that hype we told Riley he needed to go to bed since he wasn't feeling well. He didn't want to. We dragged him, telling him he should go lay down. It was fun when he finally saw the bed. He no longer has a heart, girly bed. Gary made a nice one out of Cherry and rod iron.
SO our present ripping has already begun.

4 comments:

Kent said...

How about as picture of the new bed?

We don't live close enough to see Gary's handiwork.

Unknown said...

It sounds like Christmas came early to your house. I to would like to see the bed. What a blessing to have such talent. Love all of you. Happy birthday, Adam. You are growing up so fast. I might not even know you when I see you again. Grandma Gatha

bridget said...

Your's too? We've had to hide EVERYTHING. I guess that's too be expected with a 1, 3 & 5 year-old.

Gloria said...

Having two birthdays just before Christmas makes it a longer Christmas for those two boys! How fun! love ya