all about autumn

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Time

I get so excited to set up my Christmas Trees. When we moved here we had to get a new tree (yeah) The old tree looked like a miniture in the living room with our tall ceilings. So we bought a 12 foot tree. Yes we have to get out the latter to set it up, but it looks so good. I personally would leave the lights on all month--day and night--if I could, their is just something about Christmas lights. Adam said before we set them up, "I love how they light up the room." A few years ago I had the strongest impression that Christmas lights remind us of our Savior in that He lights the way through the darkness. IT's His light that pierces through the darkest times.
This year I have decided to hold off placing the presents under the tree, last year we put them under the tree way too early, I think the kids figured out what everything was long before, or they unwrapped it at the corner. Already Adam is begging for me to put them under the tree. (most of them are wrapped already--impressive huh? Have to hide them somehow.) I told him I wasn't going to put them out until after his birthday. (one more week) But he has a way of breaking down my will, (begging) I think I will only put out half of what I have, just for fun. Now that I'm the parent I can do that. Thank heavens I was never the type that peeked!! I love secrets! HA

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I haven't had the spirit enough to even put up a tree for the past four years. This year has been a lot different, and there really is "something" about the lights on the tree!

There's nothing under the tree and nothing to put under the tree at this time, but maybe Santa will come through?

I've only had a charlie brown tree. This year, I went ahead and purchased an artificial 7.5' tree and it fills the house with warmth. I can't wait to hear what Ahsleigh has to say!

Betty Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty Ann said...

Andi, I am so proud of you! I have seen a lot of wonderful changes with you this year and now with the Christmas tree, that is a big one for you.

I'll bet the kids will be very happy. You are right the lights do bring a warmth in the house and it does help your spirit. the greatest gift of all is under that tree. It is called LOVE, love you, mom

Our Crazy Life said...

I would love to be the one taking pictures, I was thinking that might happen...LOL! We will see how I feel, but don't worry, this poor baby is going to have that camera on it for many years! HA HA

Gloria said...

I remember how you use to like secrets! .... as long as you knew what it was... ha ha...