all about autumn

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Birthday fun

Katee just turned eleven. I wasn't too sure what I was going to do for it. So one day an idea came to my head, "Crafts." I told a friend that I had to come up with a craft to do, she told me about a blog that her friend had that had craft ideas on it. So I looked it up. In no time I had decided what to do: headbands. So I went to the store and grabbed some material. I ended up sewing (which is quite the chore for me to do, I'm sure you know what escaped my mouth a few times) I sewed 16. I didn't want to waste the material. I also was borrowing the neighbors sewing machine because my wasn't working right, so I had to get it all done before I had to return it. I do have to say they turned out plenty cute. WHAT we won't do for our kids!! I guess it's a good thing we love them.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Katee. Today I looked at the calendar and it was too lt was too late to send anything, but I did think of you and Arlo, who shares your birthday. You are very special to me and I will do something for you sometime. I love you and your family. Grandma Gatha

Kent said...

Happy birthday Katee.

You're getting older, Danette. Isn't it grand? I'd love to see some pictures of your handiwork.

Andrea said...

Where are the pictures... I can't read, only look at pictures! :o) Love ya Cous!

Danette said...

I'm not good at the picture thing. Wish I was cuZ I like pictures too.

Gloria said...

Try It! I know the kids can help you out with the picture thing. I saw some of her handywork and it was a cute idea! she did well.

bridget said...

I can't believe Katee is 11! Whoa! I haven't checked blogs forever. Will you tell her happy birthday for me?