all about autumn

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fall Season

Luckily I can gaze out my office window and view Sardine Canyon. This time of year the hillside is covered in the wonderful fall colors. It's amazing to me to see the orange, yellows and the greens mix so nicely with the reds. It's a site you never tire of and then.......augh!.....
the box elder bugs come. It's frightening to see the gorgeous view blocked by this wiggling mass of black bugs. My visitors don't dare come to the front door. Last year they were soooo bad that the vacuum stayed on for days (okay maybe not the whole day by most of it) we sucked and sucked up the annoying pests that always end up in the house. We do hope this year it won't be as bad. Funny how you give up one annoyance for another. In Syracuse it was the jets and the golfers. Life has its way of reminding us that the rose always has the thorn. Well guess I better go suck up some box elder bugs. Think of me in your bug free worlds.

6 comments:

Jeanette said...

I would love to see the world through your office. It sounds picture perfect.

I'm sorry for your boxelder bug mess. Maybe you would prefer two to three inch coachroaches. Or maybe orb weaver spiders that build a web across the entire width of your sidewalk. No bug free world here.

Enjoy those tree colors.

Larry said...

Box elder beetles are better to have on the porch than rattlesnakes. How has Marcy's snake problem progressed for the past couple months?

Kent said...

We aren't bug free here either.

In Longmont, we had a Box Elder tree in the front yard. It was always full of bugs. It was a fast growing tree, but I'd never plant another.

Colors are turning quickly here now. The aspens are gold and the trees in town are varying shades of orange and red. I love the colors, but am saddened by the approaching cold season.

Curtis Moser said...

I found your blog! I'll be back often, so write, write, write!

Gloria said...

AHHH yes those boxelder bugs. I remember going to Longmont once and there were thousand of moths flying around! I didn't like that. And this too will past...
as for the snakes in Jaroso... they are still there. They are looking for places to hibernate and be warm. yes they have found a couple more by the house. Scary to me! When we visited last we didn't see any by the house. Each have their trials and periods of growth.

Reynolds Couple said...

It appears as though you have many many followers. We want you to know that we feel your pain.(about the bugs)

I absolutely love that fall colors. We were just up on the Alpine loop this weekend. I am so grateful that I have eyes with which to see the beauties of this earth. You have such a wonderful view from you huge windows.

Thanks for sharing.