all about autumn

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Kids and teeth

Would it be wonderful to have your children with beautiful permanent teeth right from the beginning. It's amazing how much money goes into taking care of teeth. I guess our Adam is going to need braces. The funny thing about this is he is anxious to get them. I'm sure that will change fast. So now we will be looking into getting that going. It was wild to watch Adam at the dentist, I did two shifts with my kids; first it was Katee and Riley on Mon. and then Adam and Aubree on Tues. Aubree had to have a tooth pulled. Well Adam decided to watch. (which I could never do, I was gagging at the fact they were getting cleaned I do not have a strong stomach) The dentist had to cut the tooth in half to extract it. Adam watched the whole thing. Then we left 10 min. later. As we were walking out into the lobby Adam said, "I'm not feeling well." He went nice and white. We sat him down, he couldn't even hold on to the phone that was in his hand. He kept complaining about still needed to recline, so he laid on the floor (thank heavens no one else was in the lobby) I kept telling him to breath through his nose. Well after he laid there for a minute we got up to leave. The second we got in the elevator he slumped down in a pale mess again. I decided to go and ask the dentist what he thought, I mean he had a cavity fixed but didn't have any laughing gas or anything to relax him. The dentist said it was probably from watching Aubree. He said the blood pressure drops and makes one weak and faint. SO that's what we figured. He inherited that from his mother. I remember when Katee was eighteen months old and she stuck her finger in the weight machine as I was using it. It snapped off her fingernail. Just seeing the blood made me gag, I ran outside and yelled for my neighbor. SHe had to take us to the emergency room to get stitches.

6 comments:

Gloria said...

Sounds like the big day at the dentist. Will you come hold my hand too? I really got built up with the saying, "buck up lit' camper"! Thanks

Unknown said...

It is a mom's blessing to do the things it takes to keep the
merry-go-round going school and teeth are a big part of it. It is a blessing to be able to take care of those things and it is hard, too, to be able to do it all. A week stomach is one of the hard things, sometimes. This too will pass. Keep up the good work. Love all of you. Grandma Gatha

Andrea said...

I remember once when you were walking around barefoot in your hard and stepped on a nail and you wouldn't look at it! You hopped into the house to have your Mom take care of it!!

Joel said...

I'm re-getting braces too. Except i'm 26. don't forget to wear that retainer!

Kent said...

I remember when we started with Andi's braces. She suffered with them when they would cinch the wires down. It sure looked better though by the time the braces came off. It was well worth it to me and I think to her as well.

Larry said...

Your atom is now working. Whatever you changed must have fixed it.

I thought that all mothers developed a strong constitution in order to deal with the events of motherhood.