all about autumn

Friday, January 16, 2009

Rejection

So I just received another rejection letter for one of my books. I think I'm getting use to this bad news. I did however try to project thoughts of it actually happening. I refuse to believe it won't. However, I do hope that it will be before the end of the world comes, or before the 20th book is written. I am addicted to the creative process of writing and I have learned a lot on this five year venture. So back to the grind I go. I did just submit another book I have written; so we will wait and see what happens with that one. Maybe if everyone crosses their fingers the sooner it will happen???
I get to go to a second grade class next friday to talk about writing books. I then will read my "sticky gum" story. I'm excited. I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully they will enjoy it and not mention anything about my spock ears. Or rather elf ears. HA Kids and their truth serum they drink.--got to love them.

7 comments:

Larry said...

I think you should self publish. Marketing is the real difficult part of the whole deal.

Danette said...

I don't care to go that route at this time. But thanks for suggesting it.

Kent said...

I think I write because I enjoy writing. It's the creative process that I enjoy. I've never been published but I'll continue to write.

I have enjoyed what you have shown me. Keep going, Dannette. You'll succeed.

Our Crazy Life said...

Thank you, and best of luck with your book's! I hope this is your year!

Valerie said...

I loved you comment about holding hands on my blog- it made me laugh so hard- the funny thing is that Trent and his twin sisiter were tied together for fighting and Trent remembers hiding under the sink while his sister went to the batheroom- HA HA HA - What a good punishment!!!

Unknown said...

Danette, I read your book on Abish and I really liked it. Keep trying. Larry had the blog for 2008 published and I thought that was a great idea. They gave me the copies for Christmas. That was a real treat to me. Enjoy your creativeness. Grandma Gatha

Curtis Moser said...

If it makes you feel any better, on the same day that you got this rejection, I got a rejection from Penguin books on "Mudville." They'd had my manuscript for so long, that I actually forgot I queried them with it! The rejection still stung, but we keep beating on, right?